Major Policy Positions:
Dr. David Cohen has several ideas and positions to better improve policy and the community. His major policy positions include:
1. City Government should concentrate on core responsibilities:
- Public Safety – fire & police, disaster preparedness.
- Parks and Recreation.
- Streets, drainage, flood control.
- Keeping San Antonio an attractive and pleasant city to live in.
2. Public Health and Community Health Care leads to a healthier community for all.
3. Attract business by keeping SA working – low taxes, trained work force, attractive and livable city.
4. Support city owned utilities to keep power and water rates low for residents, business and industry.
5. Use bully pulpit of city government to improve education:
- Consolidation of some of the 15 school districts in Bexar County, emphasis on technical and vocational training in high schools, and support San Antonio Community Colleges.
- Lobby legislature to support Major Universities as well as Medical, Osteopathic, Dental, and other Professional Schools.
6. Opposition to toll roads – they don't decrease congestion and they are unfair in punishing some residents with tolls while other residents live and work in toll free areas.
7. Continue nurturing environment for major industries in San Antonio:
- Medicine and Biotech
- Trade with Mexico
- Energy Development
8. Fairness and impartiality, avoid cronyism in performing the business of government.